Thursday, February 3, 2011

Too blessed to be stressed

The whole month of January has flown by faster than I could ever express and before I knew it, it was already saying February on the calendar.  During that time we had a great house guest: the one and only JAMES HARRELL III.  We of course had a jacked up good time and went out to a new club in town.  Not new to the town, but new to us.  I hate to say this, but I feel almost too old to be going to those places.  Where do all the twenty somethings hang out???  I look around and all I see are kids that are the same age as my students.  weeeiiiirrrrrddddd.  James came and went in a flash but we had a brilliant time.  I have been doing a lot for classes; both teaching and studying, and I feel like I am in such a great place in my life right now that I could never ask for anything more.  You are all aware of my thoughts on my magnificent family and I have friends to die for.  I’m living in a fantastic city in a downtown apartment with the most perfect roommates.  I couldn’t have been placed in a better school to teach at and my classes for my masters program are actually going better than I had imagined.  This time is such an amazing experience that I have decided to apply for another year here.  I don’t find out for a bit if I get accepted back but I really am putting all my eggs into that basket because I can’t think of another place I would want to be next year.  Not to mention it is February and while winter is kicking the shit out of the states, it’s a mild 55 degrees here.  The sun is shining.  The birds are chirping.  And life couldn’t get any better (except of course if I had a valentine for next weekend....but I still have a week to figure that out!!)  HAHAHA :)  livin.  the.  dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment