Tuesday, February 8, 2011

here we go...again

Superbowl weekend and the weather is fantastic.  at home we are getting dumped on with snow and wind and everything horrible for ohio winters and here it’s freakin beautiful and in the 60’s.  holler back.  Saturday i did a bunch of much needed laundry and got in some ultimate frisbee like a champ :)  sunday all i wanted to do was lay low until the superbowl but that obviously didn’t happen lving in the most beautiful city in the world.  Callie and i met out sydney and we walked all over downtown checking things out and of course stopping once for an ice cream and then again for an alcoholic coffee beverage.  A-MAZ-ING.  So my quiet day in turned into a whole day out in the city.  Usually I love these days but the superbowl starts at 6:30PM in ohio which is a solid 12:30AM here. aaaahhhhh!!  around 8 my apartment started to buzz with the silly packers fans i live with and myself breaking bread before the game.  I made a steelers t-shirt from an old white T i acquired (no idea where that came from!) and made my own terrible towel out of yellow construction paper.  That was a 30 minutes well spent :)  


AT around 10 we left our apartment and walked to sol to cheer on our respective teams.  Good thing for me, all the people that we met out were steelers fans.  
wooooo calle caceres!!


We even managed to meet 2 spanish guys and turn them into steelers fans as well. 

Juan and Carlos with the terrible towels!!!
I also ran into a group of German men that were in town and happened to be lucky enough (or incredibly unfortunate, depending on the way you are looking at it) to be at the same bar as us!  Needless to say I convinced them to be steelers supporters.  I dazzled them with my high school German.  Works like a charm :)
Wir wollen die Steelers zu gewinnen! (we want the steelers to win!!...i think haha)


However, no matter how much beer i drank (a disgusting amount) or how much Carlos and Juan cheered (surprisingly 80% in english)  Ben and the boys did not pull through for us. 

STEEELLLEERRRRRSSSSS!!

The game came to a nasty ending with green coming out on top, me stupid drunk, and exactly 3 hours to walk home, sleep, wake up, and get to class. yyaaayyyyy :)  We somehow found our ways home, fell asleep, and with the help of the Lord above I made it to my morning class on time :)  Seriously, it went by so fast I don’t even remember waking up, changing my clothes, and getting to classes.  The first three hours teaching all i was doing was feeling a massive headache, trying to keep the kids busy, and fighting will all my might not to violently vomit all over the class.  To my sheer amazement the other teachers and the kids were all clueless to the lack of responsibility I was displaying the night before.  We stayed out, cheered on our hardest, and still the steelers didn’t pull through.  O well, there’s always next year :)  we had such a kick ass night (as you can see from the pictures)  that I really don’t care and even though I am STILL hurting from all the booze and partying, I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment