Thursday, February 3, 2011

D is for Dentist

I got back into town just in time to head over to my dentist appoint and to my lovely surprise I was in need of not 1, not 2, but 3 freakin fillings and they would have to do them the following day.  Feeling like crap the only logical thing to do was to ride over to the quilt shop with my mom and do some damage.  I always though that my mom and I were pretty different individuals and to my dismay I am slowly realizing that we are EXACTLY the same!  The good news: the older I get, the cooler I think she is.  Now, at 50, my mom is cooler than ever and I am soo pumped that I have that in my future.  My mom and I would sew for days on end if we could and the quilt shop is our little home away from home where we spend hours looking at different fabrics and finding a million new projects to start on at once.  The following day, the last full day I had in America, I spent in the dentist’s office getting shop up with novacane and getting huge holes drilled in my teeth.  Awesome.  After the torture was done and I was freed from the chair my mom and I went over to target and sipped on slurpees while we made our last minute purchases for my departure.  I also got to go bowling with my mana and papa (grandma and grandpa)  which was just perfect.  Kyle, dad, and mana and papa and myself tore it up on the lanes.  Not to toot my own horn, but....... TOOT TOOT.  I’m sick!  I haven’t bowled in at least 10 years and I cot about 8 strikes.  I had some major competitions with my pro bowler papa but we all did pretty well.  Well, almost all of us.  God bless my mana, she is the sweetest lady you will ever meet in your life.  But seriously, the SWEETEST lady in the world.  However, let’s just say if I had to guess from whom I got my athleticism from, she’d be my last guess haha.  She had fun with us just the same tho :)  We also had a great goodbye party at my house with my awesome godmother and of course Auntie Joyce and Uncle Bill (the most super badass old people you will ever hear about.  When they are gone books will be written about them.  They’re epic), My aunt Tracy and her almost husband ROB (all caps for a badass) and the rest of the fam.  So good to see my Aunt Tracy, she’s so happy all the time, can’t help but be in a good mood just thinking about her.  I am beyond excited about her wedding with ROB because he’s the greatest guy and she doesn’t deserve anything less.  Unfortunately I will miss their wedding in May but I can’t wait to see the pictures, she’s going to be a total babe in her wedding dress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment