Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Buckeyes in spain!!

The week at school has come and gone yet again i’m still not completely convinced i’m not just dreaming this whole life up.  Friday’s classes went swimmingly well and after Callie and I met over at Belen’s house for a nice evening of shit shooting and buckeye making.  Of course every time I go over there it feels like home to me but this time was a little different because we were making the very food that I grew up making all fall season with my mom, mana, and auntie Joyce.  We got to my home away from home around 5 and were immediately greeted with a homemade meal and yet another deceivingly delicious spanish treat.  Every time i get over to Belen’s she offers me something that I can’t imagine would ever taste good and every time she makes me try it I am pleasantly surprised.  This time was homemade pizza and a rice pudding style spanish desert that I am a big fan of :)  After desert, naturally we opened a bottle of wine and i FINALLY got to meet Belen’s husband Miguel.  HE. IS. AWESOME!!  not only did he put up with 4 females chatting away all night (Belen, Callie, Bea, and myself)  he also played camera man when we started putting the buckeyes together, he put on some background music, lit some incense, and let me call him tio on the way out!!  
all the goodies

in the making...

AAAHHHHHH!!!!

The actual buckeye making turned a little ugly because they were a bit sticky.  BUT they tasted amazing just the same and we sat and chomped on some buckeyes as we drank coffee and wounded down for the evening.  It’s so strange how you can travel half way around the world and run into people that are exactly the same as your family back home.  yet another night out a huge success.  Not to mention all the extra buckeyes we made...

No comments:

Post a Comment