Thursday, February 3, 2011

Catch ya later USA, HOLA Españaaaaaaa

My last day on home soil I got a farewell brunch with the Balemians and mana and papa and was pleasantly surprised to see my cousin Ali, my Aunt Tammy, Steve, and Aunt Tracy and ROB with my mom, dad, and Kyle, and uncle Mark.  I can’t express how much I love my family.  They mean more to me than words could ever get across.  Brunch was amazing and just the way I wanted to leave the states: on the highest note.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to talk my cousin Ali into applying for the program I am in this year, I want her out here with me soooooo badly!!  Fingers crossed she applies!  Of course she’ll get in and then we will be ruling Spain together :)  I got to the airport early with Kyle, mom, and dad after some pretty hard goodbyes and we B-lined it straight over to the Wendy’s in the airport to get a last minute frosty.  So great!!!  I finally had to say goodbye to my parents and Kyle and headed for my gate and waited for my plane.  After a 2 hour ride, I touched down in Atlanta, made way to my gate and waited for the plane.  We finally boarded, I found my seat, settled in, and heard the welcoming voices of the Españoles all around me.  Funny thing about it: hearing spanish all around my felt a lot like home.  After 9 hours and 3 movies later we touched down.  IM BACK IN SPAIN, BABY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment