Monday, September 20, 2010

MAGNUM. I broke down and got one...


It's not my fault, today was really good but when you teach 5 lectures on a Monday running on 3.5 hours of sleep a double chocolate magnum is more than deserved for dessert :)  Today was really great, all my planning into the wee hours of the night last night paid off and my kids were (for the most part) all participating and even SMILING during my class.  We had some great discussions and aside from the few pain in the butt students, I was pleased with their attitudes.  It has to be hard for students to come into my class once a week when they are forced to speak spanish so I give them tons of credit and am so happy that they are accepting me and lsitening to what I have to say...even if they don't understand it all. I think they just like me because I don't give them homework or tests and all they have to do in my class is talk.  Either way, I like it!!  Got done and went to Dunkin (could be one of my greatest discoveries thus far in Spain)  and grabbed a coffee, chocolate donut, and went to work on lesson plans for tomorrow.  So far my greatest accomplishment here is getting all of the students to be Buckeyes.  The first day I told them that where I come from, it is custom to greet your friends with a loud and proud O-H!!! to which they must respond I-O!!!  Now, every time my students see me in the halls I'll hear a much appreciated O-H!! my response, as I smile in euphoria?? I-O!! as loud as I can!  Our next lesson will start with "We don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan..."  Appropriate??  Does it matter??  haha just kidding, but seriously, we will be watching that game in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment