Monday, September 20, 2010

the life and times of an english teacher in spain...





Yes folks, that there is a slice of heaven in that picture.  I found it...what do i win?? free wifi and chocolate donuts paradise :)  Dunkin is in Madrid and it's fantastic.  This weekend went by so fast i literally didn't have time to keep you all posted.  Sorry for the delay, I know how you all live and breath for the blog.  ssiiiikkkee, but it's a nice thought! Friday was great, I only have to teach 2 1hour classes and one of the classes has a pretty good grasp on english.  The other one?  We'll call that my "special project" for the year.  After class I came home and slept for about 3 hours.  After waking from my slumber I hopped in the shower and started on the booze.  Cut me a little slack here guys, I had a VERY busy week.  I earned this, okay?  I went out with Michael and Kristina to their friends place, wine bottles in tote, and promptly arrived at 11 pm in the prostitute district.  Don't get me wrong, their friends' place was really great, but it was seriously in prostitute alley and the ladies of the night were out and ready for a friend.  After a few adult beverages we headed out to the bars in sol.  The walk was great, especially due to the fact that there are no open container laws in this great country.  We ended up getting lost and went into a few great places and ended at a wicked good walk thru pizza place. Fan-tas-tic.  The three of us (stanek, michael, and myself) walked home to our apartment, made some more food.  had another beverage and hit the sack :)  Saturday Michael peer pressured all of us to day drink all day and we played drinking games from the time we got up (1pm) to the time we went to bed (12am).  Michael had his first big boy soccer game sunday morning so stanek was whipped enough to go to that while i slept in.  When they got back I was informed that they won, Michael got a goal...and a black eye.  What a nerd, huh?!?  First game of the season and the silly american get's the black eye.  Sunday was super lazy until about 9pm when I finally was willed into doing lesson plans for the week to come.  Serisously, up to my eyeballs in colored paper, glue sticks, and markers.  Finally made enough name tags and activities for the first few days of the week for my lectures and called it a night at about 2AM.  Starting the week off with a bang...

No comments:

Post a Comment