Thursday, September 23, 2010

Earned that white coat, son

I'm officially a TEACHER at Collegio Patricino de San Jose :)

I know, it looks rediculous.  However....all the teachers at my school wear these white lab coats all day long to class.  Today, they gave me mine.  I think it makes me look smart, I'll rock it for a couple weeks or so.  Today in class I showed all my students a power point I made about ohio and my life back home. Not gonna lie, it was hard to cram everything into just a 1 hour lecture, but I managed.  I showed them all these pictures of THE Ohio State University, the 'shoe, brutus, american football, and of course a few pictures of people spelling O-H-I-O.  This was a real crowd pleaser.  Now not only do I hear O-H!!  all day long, I now see the arm motions to go with it.  You're welcome, columbus...you're welcome.  My goal is to somehow convince the head master at my school to let me stream the OSU- M*ch*g@n (dirty word, I know) game for the kids to watch.  I think with a few more weeks of laying on that american charm I somehow have my kids will be front and center for the big day.  Now, to convince Gordon Gee to send over about 1000 OSU t-shirts.....  Anyway today's classes and my masters classes this evening went very well and I'm starting to finally get in the groove of having absolutely no down time until 10:45 every evening.  Somehow living in Madrid makes it all okay :)  Im telling you, I am run into the ground all day it was a bit crappy outside and even sprinkled this evening and I'm still all smiles.  There really is something magical about this city.

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh. so happy that you are pleased in Madrid. Also, I cant believe how popular you are in your school already......and that you had access to projectors. (Do they make you call them beamers?)

    ReplyDelete