Monday, November 29, 2010

you´re not supposed to draw a huge penis on the blackboard?? ooops...

No, ladies and gentlemen; I did not take a picture of it.  Sorry.  I figured it was weird enough to be standing in front of a class full of 16 year olds and their raging hormones with a great big knob on the board and opted to not draw more attention to the fact that their teacher had just drawn a HUGE DONG in class.  Let me paint you the picture.  Sit back.  Relax.  Just take this in...

Twas the week of exams and all through the school
all the students were buzzing about the tests being uncool.
The teachers were frazzled with what to ask
In hopes their students would all pass.
The students were struggling with the information in their heads
with visions of past lectures and of what their teachers have said.
And Javi and Paco were running about
while Paula and Maria were talking at a shout.
When out in the hall there arose such a clatter
and the students ran to the door to see what was the matter.
Down the hall they saw what was coming
it was their favorite teacher, Brenna, who was late and running.
Finally she entered, loud and out of breath
while the students filed back to their orderly desks.
All the other teachers made them be quiet to prepare
so Brenna made it a point to bring the fun there.
Down the class sat, eager to play
listening closely to what Brenna would say.
Would it be important or fun or interesting or boring?
Brenna made sure the lesson was fun to keep them from snoring.
It was the week of Thanksgiving and the students were to learn the story
About pilgrims and the new world and all of its glory.
Brenna drew a map of the U.S. although not the best drawer in the world,
It had a vague resemblance of America except Maine looked a bit curled.
As she was drawing a student asked her a question
she turned to asnwer while drawing as to not disturb the session.
When out of nowhere there was a big uproar with laughter
Brenna turned back to the board to see what was the matter.
She had a sneaking suspicion that it would be something quite heinous.
But when she looked she discovered Florida looked like a huge penis.

Yep.  Pulled straight out of an SNL plot.  Not only did it look like a giant penis, it was drawn so well that I couldn´t have done it better if I had been looking while I was drawing it.  My job consists of either acting things out or drawing things on the board at all times so the students keep their attention at me and understand what I am saying but I think I´m going to try to stay away from drawing things on the boad for the next few days.  Possibly weeks.  I think I am going to have to start paying closer attention to what I am drawing as well.  i.e.: Look at the flipping board when I´m drawing something.  Now, with all that aside I will tell you that not only do 16 year olds find a large wang on the board absolutely hilarious, it turns out that 23 year olds do as well. The class was laughing almost as hard as the teacher was.  That´s right, snorting and all.  I was a mess.  You know when you see something inappropriate and you know you shouldn´t laugh, making it that much funnier?  You know, like seeing someone trip at a funeral or accidentally farting when they were sneezing.  Well it was one of those.  The kids were laughing, the other teacher in the back of the room was laughing and there I was: immobalized by hysterical laughter.  It was pitiful, really.  THANK GOD the other teacher was one of the cool ones or I might have found myself in a bit of trouble.

2 comments: