Sunday, November 14, 2010

Im your biggest fan I'll follow you until you love me...

James and I at GAGA!!

The only other people dressed up at the concert.  They were from Germany and were wearing liederhosen...really.
The weekend came and I caught a plane to Frankfurt and then on to Budapest to meet up with my amazing friend, James.  When I first got there we immediately head out for food and sightseeing.  First stop: Langos.  Langos is BY FAR the greatest thing that I have ever put in my mouth.  Its like a solid elephant ear with sour cream and cheese on top.  Don't worry Ohio, I wrote down a bomb recipe for it and will be bringing it home for the Christmas :)  Seriously, its like a fried up cloud with presents on top.  A masterpiece, really.  So after a little taste of heaven, we walked to the center of the city where almost every shop in the city was closed (at 6pm , BIIIG difference from Madrid) and saw basically all that the city center had to offer.  Of course we took some crazy pics along the way (direct your attention to facebook for those!) and had a really great time.  James is one of those friends that I can go a while without seeing and when we finally get around to a play date we pick up right where we left off.  And that is exactly what we did.  That night we went back to his house and started drinking.  Heavily.  We somehow made it out, had some great craic, and then caught the bus back to his house.  The next day we went out in the DAYLIGHT to get some great pictures and see more of the city.  After all the fun to be had in one morning was up, we came home, showered, and dressed for GAGA.  Now for those that know me, are aware that Lady gaga isn't very high on my music play list....BUT GAGA was AMAZING!!!  Us, being two of the very few Americans in the crowd were two of about 5 people that dressed up for the concert.  We're Americans, it's in our DNA to dress up at any chance we can :)  After the concert we went to what I can only imagine to be the ONLY gay club in commie Hungary and met the most amazing tranny I have ever seen in my whole life.  She was about 6'6" and was wearing 5 inch heels, a home made GAGA outfit with mask and all and was absolutely glorious in all of her wonder.  Obviously we quickly made friends with her, grabbed a drink, and started getting down on the dance floor.  When we showed up to the bar we were no joke the only two people on the dance floor.  When we left, we had our very own groupies, people buying us drinks, and a dance floor packed wall to wall.  You're welcome Budapest :)  James and I were discussing the idea of me moving to Budapest with him next year but I have to say, if we created that much chaos in one night I'm not sure if Budapest could handle the 2 of us tehre together for a whole year.  It could either be epic or fatal...or both.  All in all we had SUCH an amazing time together in a pretty kick ass city but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I wasn't ready to come back to the sunshine and smiling faces of Madrid.  I love it here, have I mentioned that yet? Oh, I did?? Okay, just making sure :)  I'm wicked impressed with ourselves tho, not many people can say they went and saw a Lady GaGa concert...in Budapest.  Random? yes.  Glorious??  HELL YES!!  Life win.

1 comment:

  1. I wish that tranny and I were friends. She could do my hair when you're away.

    ReplyDelete