Sunday, December 12, 2010

No thanks, LSAT this one out

LOVE
Yep, that wasn't the most responsible thing I've done.  Instead of studying for my LSAT, for the past 4 months I've been traveling around Europe and exploring my new home of Madrid.  Whoops.  I just finished writing my LSAT yesterday and after 5 hours of reading material as fast as I could and picking the "best" answers, I'm ready for a break.  A long break.  A long winter break at home.  OO wait, I'll be home in about 11 days, but who's counting, right??  Perfect.  Don't get me wrong, all you crazy people out there that know me are well aware that I handle being away from home very well.  I moved out when I was 17 and haven't lived there since.  BUT, that doesn't mean that I don't miss it.  I do.  A lot.  My parents, my amazing siblings, the absolute locos that I claim proudly as my extended family, and of course: My two beautiful dogs and fantastically perfect cat, Belle.  I haven't been thinking about going back but now that I'm on the home stretch (pun intended) I can't wait!!  You know how people say "I've got the best dad in the whole world" or "my family is the greatest family of all time"??  Yeah, they're all liars.  You wanna know how I know this?  Simple.  Because I have the best dad in the whole world and my family IS the greatest family of all time.  Therefore, all the other people that say it are wrong.  With that being said, there is no place in this whole world that I would rather be on December 25 than with those goofy Flynns that I love so much.  It will be nice to have a bit of a break from my crazy schedule that I've got over here but that doesn't mean it will be all play when I get home.  Mostly play, but not completely :)  I have to REALLY get focused and put a nice dent into my thesis for my masters program so I'm not left at the end of the semester with a massive paper to write.  I also have to talk with the fam about my future plans.  I know what you are thinking "But Brenna, you're 23, you should be able to make decisions about your life on your own".  Well, that's where you are wrong, amigos.  Unfortunately I was cursed with an amazing family that is closer than most families I have met before and while the world is my oyster, I still care a great deal about what they think.  On the up side I have quite a few options as to where my life could head over the next few years.  On the down side, all those options are VERY different from each other and it's hard to pick just one!  For example I could stay in Spain for a bit longer, work on my spanish and teach (which i looooooove here).  I could apply to law school and go where ever they accept me for the next few years and get my degree (assuming I do at least average on the LSAT the first time I take it).  I could take a year off and write a book about the crazy tails of my life over the past year and how spontaneously crazy it is (don't even act like you wouldn't read it and rave about it to your friends).  I could teach at a private school in the states with my masters and credentials that I am earning here (it would be waaayy weird to teach American kids who actually speak the same language as me...kinda boring).  Or I could just pull something crazy and move to yet another country on a complete whim (sounds vaguely familiar, no?).  Either way I am happy with all of my options and completely stressed at the same time!! I'm going to take the time for this break to evaluate my options and figure my shit out.  Let's be honest, it NEEDS to be done!!  Either way, it's wicked sweet to have absolutely no idea where I'll be living 7 months from now and what I'll be doing at that point in my life.  The possibilites are endless.  For now I'm going to lesson plan for the LAST full week of classes at school before I go home and probably re-read "Oh! the places you'll go" by the one and only Dr. Suess to muster up a little more optimism in my world :)  Good night for now, I'll be in touch  <3

1 comment:

  1. 1.) Dr. Seuss was in my fraternity.
    2.) I am in the same conundrum. Any chance you can come into Pittsburgh and we can lament about our problems together....with Brit?

    ReplyDelete